VECO Indonesia, an international NGO committed to the promotion of Sustainable Agriculture within the context of agricultural chain development, is now recruiting an Indonesian National for the position of Field Coordinator for Nusa Tengara Timur (NTT) Province.
Who will be responsible to coordinate the operation of the VECO field office in Maumere, Sikka District (Flores)
1. Plan, implement and develop Sustainable Agricultural Chain Development, Advocacy and Consumer Awareness Program in the region
2. Coordinate operation of the VECO Indonesia Field Office
3. Represent VECO Indonesia in the region; liaise with all partners
4. Support network building locally, nationally and internationally
5. Support capacity building of partner organizations
Key Competencies and qualifications:
1. At least 5 years experience in rural development or agricultural development holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Economics or Environmental Sciences
2. Working experience with a NGO or in the Development Cooperation sector
3. Experience with Rural Development Programmes specifically on Sustainable Agriculture, Chain Development for agricultural products (cacao) and preferably also Advocacy and Consumer Awareness building.
4. Representing VECO Indonesia in the NTT region, engage in network building inside and outside the region and facilitate dialogue platforms on agricultural chain development among strategic partners in the region
5. Experience with the preparation of operational plans (including budgeting) and to coordinate its implementation. Production of regular financial and progress reports
6. Supporting capacity building of regional partners in Agricultural Chain Development and Organization Strengthening. Capacity building plan for partners
7. Good oral and writing skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
8. Willingness to live and work in East Nusa Tengara and travel frequently in the region
9. Preferably knowledge of one or more of the local languages on Flores or Timor island.
To maintain a good gender balance in our team we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Send your CV to
VECO Indonesia, Jl. Kerta Dalem No. 7, Kerta Dalem, Sidakarya, Denpasar 80224, Bali
Tel. +62 361 7808264, 727378, Fax: ++62 (0) 361 723 217
or by Email to email@example.com
Please send your CV file with PDF Format (adobe acrobat Reader format) and File size less than 150 kb. Application deadline is on 21 August 2011.
Text and pictures from VECO Indonesia.