VECO Indonesia, the regional branch of international NGO Vredeseilanden committed to the promotion of Sustainable Agriculture within the context of agricultural value chain development, is now recruiting an Indonesian National for the position of:
Advocacy and Consumer Awareness Coordinator
Responsible for planning, implementing and further development of VECO-Indonesia advocacy and consumer awareness programme and based in our Regional Office in Denpasar, Bali.
1. Development of VECO Indonesia’s advocacy and consumer programme strategies
2. Coordination, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the advocacy and Consumer programme of VECO Indonesia
3. Building evidence from local cases and connect local advocacy initiatives with advocacy initiatives and networks at national, regional and global level
4. Supporting Field Coordinators of field offices in advocacy at local level
5. Integrating Sustainable Agricultural Chain Development issues with strategies for advocacy and the consumer programme
6. Link VECO Indonesia’s advocacy strategy with regional and Vredeseilanden’s Global Advocacy Program
7. Development and implementation of VECO’s regional advocacy programme in Southeast Asia together with VECO-Vietnam
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Law, Political Sciences, Rural Development or Economics
2. At least 5 years experience with advocacy and campaigns at local, national and international level
3. Well-experienced in advocacy activities and political analysis within the agricultural sector
4. Good knowledge and experience with lobbying, networking and development of strategic alliances at national level and preferably also at regional Asian level
5. Good knowledge and experience with consumer awareness programmes and support to consumer organizations
6. Good knowledge and experience of gender issues in development and agriculture
7. Good Facilitation skills to assist partners & organize stakeholder platforms, meetings, workshops etc.
8. Experience with capacity development for partner organizations (NGOs, Farmer Organisations, Networks, etc.)
9. Excellent rhetoric and negotiation skills
10. Report writing skills both in Bahasa Indonesia and English
11. Very good proficiency in English (speaking and writing)
12. Good computer operation Word, Excel, PowerPoint
To maintain a good gender balance in our team we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Send your CV to VECO Indonesia, Jl. Kerta Dalem No. 7, Sidakarya, Denpasar 80224, Bali, Indonesia. Tel. 0361 727378, 7808264, Fax: 0361 723 217, Email: email@example.com. Application deadline is on 6 July 2012.
Only shortlist candidate will be contacted.